- Develop and implement HR operational policies and processes to ensure the smooth running of people administration and management matters.
- Translate employee feedback and performance data into strategic HR initiatives to drive a high performing and engaging culture.
- Ensure all labour practices are in compliance with the country’s legislation & regulatory requirements.
- Ensure health, safety and security practices of the Company follow legal and best practices for the wellbeing of employees.
- Develop, implement and manage HR policies and procedures in line with business direction and objectives.
- Ensure HR policies and practices comply with the country’s statutory legislation and requirements.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues, management of staff discipline, grievances, performance improvement, remuneration, etc.
- Provide employee services and manage grievance handling procedures.
- Develop and implement employee relations initiatives to build a motivated and engaged workforce.
- Create and maintain system to manage Job Descriptions and overall Company KPI’s to ensure employees are clear on responsibilities, goals and targets.
- Manage the employee performance management process including anniversary/annual reviews, administering salary increases and rewards, performance improvement cases.
- Manage compensation and benefits processes and conduct periodic benchmark against market practices to ensure competitiveness.
- Oversee the monthly payroll administration process to ensure timeliness and accuracy of salary payment.
- Manage HR transactional activities, employee data management and employment related documents.
- Manage the recruitment & hiring process to ensure efficient usage of manpower in the Company at all times.
- Oversee the arrangement of training programs through TNAs or any other process, including employee orientation program and internal briefings.
- Provide reports and analysis on HR data such as staff turnover, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc., and lead the necessary actions for improvement.
- Attend to government and statutory bodies’ inquiries, inspection, audits (e.g. LHDN, EPF, SOCSO, DOSH, Immigration Dept, IR Office and JTK) and customer’s social audits as and when required.
- Oversee the foreign worker management process to ensure timeliness of legal document renewal, good accommodation arrangement & management and smooth new foreign worker application when necessary.
- Ensure HR processes are working smoothly and review to make improvements to close process gaps.
- Develop and implement health, safety and security standards and practices for the Company and ensure employees’ and Management’s compliance to the procedures.
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration or other related discipline
- 8 – 10 years hands-on experience in Human Resources, preferably in the Manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of labour laws, employment related Acts, industrial relations and prevailing HR practices and legislations.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, payroll software and virtual platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communicating effectively across functions and levels.
- Ability to manage data and feedback and translate them into actionable improvements.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without constant supervision.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Occasional travelling for meetings with government bodies/agencies is required High level of personal flexibility required in terms of working beyond normal hours